Search This Blog

Sunday, May 31, 2020

... the text for May 31, 2020

Let your heart be glad in the days of your youth. - Eccl. 11:9
I graduated high school at age 17. I was also baptized that year. I didn't pioneer right away, but I did try to be regular in the ministry, going out during the week.  I had one preaching buddy, a cranky old man, who lived in his little RV. His wife had recently left him for a doctor, leaving him with little. But, he had a faith in Jehovah and was always at meetings and service. So, we worked together often.  He was in his 70s, and i was 17; he was overweight, I was awkward and skinny. Kind of like Laurel and Hardy.

I had thought about Bethel service, but didn't do it. I considered pioneering, but it didn't happen. My folks were not pushy, they didn't try to help me set goals or take part in anything. It wasn't until later, when I was in my 30s and 40s, that I tried doing more. I was able to pioneer for one year. I was in the RBC, working as a help desk for a program that volunteers could sign up for and allows for finding help quickly for special skills, etc.

Now, I'm past 50, and I feel frustrated that I can only do so much with my current disabilities. I can't just hop in a car and drive where ever. I need ridges and help with things. All I can be is a presence in my congregation, and participate in the meetings. I still pray to Jehovah about what else I can do. So, I started this blog.

The idea of the blog is to review the text, but also find applications for me in my life. I have experienced so many things. I thank Jehovah that I am able to have the insight on what the scriptures mean, not only to me, but maybe to some of you as well. If you don't serve Jehovah, reading this will teach you more about him, but also realize that we're all imperfect people. I have made many mistakes in life, but I try to apply what I read. Such as having an "inner truth", so to put that into action, I told myself no to do anything that I would need to lie about.

I say to the younger ones, if you have a desire for theocraic things, go for it. Don't wait for mom and dad to approve. Don't wait for your friends to do it so that you can follow their example. Efforts large and small are always appreciated by God, and he can do amazing things with the little effort you put in.

Do it with a complete heart, and you will be able to look back on your life and have good memories to cherish, and the good memories will cover over the bad, the mistakes that we all make in life.

Stay safe

No comments:

Post a Comment