Search This Blog

Thursday, May 14, 2020

... the text for May 14, 2020

Do not be afraid for I am with you.- Isa. 41:10
Did anyone really have my back or has anyone stood up for me? Have people showed me the slightest care and concern or gave me help I really needed? I really don't remember. Sure, I got a lot of physical support, which I truly appreciate, but that seemed to be it. I've had some tell me that they were "obligated" to love me, meaning that if they had the choice, they would opt out of that. To tell me that you do everything for me but you don't have to do anything for me just makes me question why you do it in the first place. Is it a debt you hope to collect on later? Then it wasn't based on love, love doesn't keep track of it like an account. (1 Cor. 13:4-8)

I see myself as a stepping stone that others use to get where they wanted to go. I'm a means to an end, to just support others and what I get in return is only what they want to give, when they feel like giving it, if at all. And when I say, "Don't treat me like that!" They don't know what I'm talking about, as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

So, it comforts me that Jehovah Himself doesn't act that way. Neither does Jesus. I really have no fear because I have TWO perfect and true witnesses that are aware of how other people treat me, especially when no one is around to observe it.

It keeps me going. I don't have to worry about anything because Jehovah never fails in his promises. When I read something in the Bible, it's as good as done, even those regarding a future we haven't seen yet. (Read Revelation)

You know, Abraham, Joseph, Abel, Enoch, Noah, and many others who worshiped Jehovah, did NOT have a Bible or anything written down. Moses was the one who compiled all that information into the first 5 books of the Bible.

But, their faith was legendary. Why? They knew Jehovah was with them and he blessed them when they obeyed him. As an example, Noah was commissioned by Jehovah to build an ark (Gen. 6). This box-like structure was approximately 437 feet long x 72 feet wide and 43 feet tall. The length equates to about .08 of a mile. That is slightly bigger than a football field. Now, people in that time saw this long box being built, and likely asked Noah about it. He told them it would rain. They looked up, knowing  it hadn't rained in years and ignore him, to their everlsting demise.

But, Noah knew Jehovah was with him and he plugged along with the rest of his family, over 50 years of labor, people's thinking and attitudes. He continued to think about what he learned from his forefathers about Eden and God's dealings with mankind. He observed the creation and saw God's wisdom and love. He and his family survived.

We have the Bible now, and it contains many, many excellent examples to follow and bad examples and attitudes to avoid. We need to trust the Bible, as it's Jehovah telling us the above. Without it, it would be difficult in this day and age. Things are worse and will get worse. Can you imagine an epidemic worse than COVID-19? It's possible. So, we need to keep in mind that Jehovah is with us, as long as we're with him. Maintain a good pattern of Bible reading and use the publications and videos from jw.org to help explain things you don't understand. The blessings will be many.

So, for me, if I feel that there is no human on earth that can stand up for me or have my back, it's all right. Jehovah is always there.

No comments:

Post a Comment