Search This Blog

Thursday, May 28, 2020

A preaching experience from Sweden

An experience from an convention in Sweden. I received the video, which the brother translated into English:

The brother who was interviewing asked the first sister if she finds it easy doing store-to-store service and she answers right away, "No. It has never been easy for me. It has always been a struggle to find the courage to do it, til one day I mustered up the courange and I entered a shoe store, and simply put the magazines on the counter and said to the lady, "These are for you", and then I left the store quickly because of feeling uncomfortable.

Then the microphone was passed to the second sister and she said, "Yes, I am that sales lady at the shoe store. I began to read the magazines very quickly, and in a short while I said to myself, 'Incredible! This is the truth'!And I read all the magazines with great interest, and said to myself, 'If these magazines are so interesting and so practical, they probably also will be for someone else, so I gave them to the owner of the shoe store."

Then she passes the microphone to the brother next to her, and he says, "I was the owner of that store. And I read the magazines in the park during my break. And the deeper I got into the material, the more it became clear to me that this is the truth! This is fantastic! I want to give someone else this opportunity to read these magazines, so I left them on the edge of the park bench."

The brother passes the microphone [to the brother next to him], "I was someone who did not have a home or a place to stay anymore. I happened to sit on the bench and saw the magazine, and said, 'I was already once a Jehovah's Witness, but I had left the truth because I thought of living my life, I wanted to explore and see what was out there, but things went from bad to worse, to the point of losing everything. After that point, it was not clear to me that Jehovah was waiting for me to return, but on seeing the magazines, it helped me to understand that. And by reading them, it helped me to take the step to return to Jehovah."

And he [the first brother] asked the first sister if she had anything else to say, "Yes! You see, this young man who found the magazines on the park bench, he is my son."

No comments:

Post a Comment