Search This Blog

Saturday, May 2, 2020

.. a recent dream

Usually, I don't remember dreams I've had, but occasionally, I remember snippets of things that happened. Such as this one:
I was in a lagoon or lake of some sort. At the other end, was a large freighter. As I looked, the bow began to split open, like a set of doors. A long, metallic arm came out and it had a scoop on one end. It extended out so many feet, then it began to oscillate. As the oscillation widened, I realized that it was coming in my direction! I ducked under water, as the scoop passed over my head. Then it stopped and came back, as if it was searching for me. I was waist deep in water, so I couldn't move very fast, but I tried my best to keep out of the way of this arm, as it swung back and forth in an attempt to get me. I woke up. I don't wake up screaming or sweating or terrified. I just wake up and say, "My goodness! What a weird dream." Then I think: Did I read or see anything about a big boat? No.
This is the one I had last night:
I found myself sitting on a bench, that was suspended by wires. It was attached to this building, like the Stratosphere in Las Vegas or the Space Needle in Seattle. The bench I was on was hanging from the edge of the round structure, and as I looked back, I could see the pedestal it was on. It was extremely high off the ground. I was not restrained, and as I hung there, it jiggled and I was clutching the back of the bench to keep from slipping off to my death. I noticed someone else sitting on the bench and it vaguely appeared to be a female. She was leaning over the back of the bench, reaching for shirts and sweaters that hung a couple of feet behind us. I did not recognize the woman, but she had long hair and was a grey shape. We did not talk. She slipped through the clothes and found one she liked and pulled the white sweater off the rack to look at it more closely. Then the bench start to descend slowly. It wavered and jiggled in the breeze. And then I found myself in a store selling sports memorabilia. I'm not the sort to buy that stuff, but I looked through the wares and found some things I wanted to get. So, I took them to the man behind the cassh register. I paid over $100 for the items. The sales clerk packed them all into one of the shoes I had bought. Then I kept losing the shoe. I walked all over the store looking for the shoe. Then I would find the shoe and then I would lose it again, and this repeated itself until I finally woke up late.
 The one memory I do have is that prior to our marriage over 7 years ago, my fiancee and I went to the fair in Pomona. There they have a ride, similar to the one used at ski slopes. It had a bench with a simple bar to keep you in, but no other restraints. It wasn't really high, but we could see the crowd of people below us and looked down on the different attractions along the way. My future wife began to swing her legs, causing the bench to jiggle and dance, and I had to, calmly as I could, tell her to stop shaking it. But, to still have this years later, is very odd. Anyway, these perplex me, but I don't have them too often, thankfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment