Search This Blog

Saturday, May 23, 2020

... the text for May 23, 2020

O that in the Grave you would conceal me ... that you would set a time limit for me and remember me. - Job 14:13
The King James says:
O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me!
Have you felt that way? I have. Sometimes I would lie there and just wish to drift off to sleep, and wake up when Jehovah wanted to. Many feel that way. We see it. People get so overwhelmed with their problems or situation or how they feel about themselves that they consider suicide as a necessary step.

In the Watchtower lesson this day's text is taken from, it highlights how Jehovah valued his faithful ones of old, Job, Elijah, and Jonah. He values us today. This is what He does:
Instead oif condemning how they felt, he helped them to overcome their desire to die and built them up in love so that they could continue serving him faithfully.
We get the help we need through prayer, daily Bible reading, elders in the congregation, brothers and sisters who have experienced similar situations. All these are there to provide comfort and strength. Take advantage of these provisions. Don't isolate yourself as Proverbs 18:1 warns.

We live in stressful times indeed. But the scriputre above gives hope also of a resurrection in case we do die. Don't assume that someone who committed suicide is lost. Jehovah knew their hearts and he will bring them back to a beautiful paradise earth, where they will not feel overwhelmed by anything except joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment