Search This Blog

Sunday, April 26, 2020

... the text for April 26, 2020

No greater joy do I have than this: that I should hear that my children go on walking in the truth. - 3 John 4
 John wasn't literally the father. He loved his brothers and sisters as his children and he did his best to provide for them spiritually. It brought him joy to hear how fellow Christians maintained their fath and zeal for the Kingdom.

Christian parents today are in a wonderful position to be good examples for their children, and I've seen and hear how parents who put the Kingdom first, impressed their children to also follow in their footsteps. A child wants to imitate mother and father.

How about those who have no children, such as myself and others, even older single ones? What can they do? Well, they can be an example to the young ones. I know when people see me and notice I try to be regular at meetings and regular in comments, that it helpe encourage others to do the same. I had a friend tell me that when he was going up, his parents always had strong, spiritual people at their home. Circuit overseers, district overseers, other pioneers in the congregation, the elders and listening tho their experiences and to hear of their reliance and dependence on Jehovah stirred in him the desire to be like them. And this brother is doing very well indeed.

Don't minimize the impact you can have on a younger one. Take an interest in them. Older sisters can work with younger sisters; Elders, ministerial servants, pioneer brothers can take the younger ones under their wing and share their knowledge with them.

I didn't really have an older brother (being the oldest myself) or a mentor or anyone to take me under their wing. I did the best I could with what I was given, but sometimes, I do wish I had had a chance. Maybe I would be stronger now. You think I'm strong, but it's only by virtue of what Jehovah has allowed for me, sinful man that I am. But, it would have been nice and occasionally, I feel down when I see an elder take a very special interest in someone else and not give me the same opportunity to learn and grow.


If you see an opportunity to encourage and counsel those who are younger (or older), go ahead. It's part of being in the organization and being one body in the spirit. (1 Cor. 12:12, Rom. 12:4)

No comments:

Post a Comment