Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

... the text for June 9, 2020

Do not be anxious, for I am your God. - Isa. 41:10
When Jehovah spoke this, it was to the Jewish exiles in Babylon, before they were freed to go back to Jerusalem. These reassruing words stregnthened them back then.

These words strengthen me now. I try to be Jehovah's servant. Despite being deaf and legally blind, I still try to do what I can. I meditate constantly on the passages of the Bible I'm reading; I pray to him incessantly (1 Thess. 5:17).

Sometimes, my prayer results in me signing different expressions, or moving my mouth to speak. To others, they may think I'm mentally deficient, a lunatic. But, I'm expressing; how I'm feeling about that particular day and no one should consider me as inferior, or make fun of me, or hold me in contempt.

I feel Jehovah with me every day, even when I feel like it's no use, like I can't get credit for any good I think I'm doing. I continue on, I struggle forward, I keep my head bowed down as if I'm pushing into a Force 3 wind. I can't lay down and feel sorry for myself.

Routine and sticking to the routine helps me. It would be to easy to just lay there and mope, so I get up and so something useful. Sometimes, it's playing a video game, like online gold (which I love and hate at the same time) or something mundane like Solitaire, but I'm doing something. And it helps me think.

Be assured that at this point of time, it's ever more crucual to remember that Jehovah is with his servants, he will not abandon them, and he provides his holy spirit to the ones leading the organization to wisely tread the path through disease, apathy and persecution. We will make it through.

Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment