Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

... the text for June 8, 2020

Seek meekness. - Zeph. 2:3
A very short scripture, but also profound in that it is so difficult to apply in this day and age. Meek people do not organize protests, defy government authorities, or loot. But, many view meekness as a weak quality, somthing to disdain or show contempt for.

For me, all my life I have been an easy-going guy and flexible. I don't demand anything or issue commands like a dictator. Yet, people see me as weak, easy to manbipulate, a human carpet to walk on. So, when I stand up for myself, it causes shock, then resentment, then some increase their contempt in an effort to show me up, to prove they are better at being mean than me.

To truly be meek, today's excerpt from the Watchtower, dated February 2019, pp. 8-9, paragraphs 3-5:
...we must combine a number of appealing qualities to be meek. Prominent among those qualities are humility, submissiveness, mildness, and inner strength.

When people show me contempt or disdain, or show a lack of concern for how I feel, I do admit that I boil inside with rage. Then, I pray to Jehovah to calm me, and I meditate on His words, recorded at Heb. 10:30: "Vengeance is mine; I will repay". Then I pray to leave it in his hands to judge.

Some who see that I don't react the way they expect, tend to be bolder and treat me worse, as if to try to start a fight. But, no, I have learned in my life to develop inner strength to not stress overmuch in matters I can 't control. I can't change other people. They have to change themselves.

If we continue to work on developing the qualities needed to have meekness: humility, submissiveness and mildness, we can be successful in being meek in such a heartless, cruel world, thus bringing Jehovah's favor and blesseings.

Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment