Search This Blog

Saturday, June 6, 2020

... the text for June 6, 2020

Can a woman forget her nursing child or have no compassion for the son of her womb? Even if these women forget, I would never forget you. - Isa. 49:19
We all know the strong bond between a mother and her baby. Can you realize that Jehovah really cares for you? Isaiah's book is full of expressions from Jehovah, such as the one above. Yesterday, we learned that when we're distressed, He is distressed also. Today, He expresses that he loves us just like a mother loves her child.

I have to maditate on this because I feel unloved. I don't feel worthy, because I make a lot of mistakes, and can't seem to keep it together. Sometimes, when I do good, I feel that no credit is due to me because I do something right, like the debt is just too much.

So, knowing Jehovah really feels that way is a comfort to me, that even if I'm alone or disconnected from everything, I am not truly abandoned. I have to remind myself that God will turn his attention to the world at large, and all of us, yes, all of us, will be judged based on what's in our hearts. There is no escape, so if you think you can balance the sheet by showing everyone how good you can be, but if your heart is not complete, Jehovah will know it.

I think about the simplicity of the events in Genesis. Cain made a sacrifice of vegetables to Jehovah. The sacrifice was fine, it was an acceptable sacrifice. How do we know? Later, the Israelites were given the option of doing grain offerings and other kinds that didn't involve meat, or life. So, the sacrifice was good, in itself.

So, what was wrong? Why did God not accept Cain's sacrifice? Because, Jehovah looked at Cain's heart, and found something there that he didn't like. So, the sacrifice was rejected.

Knowing this about Jehovah helps us to really examine ourselves, our motives, our personality. We have to tell ourselves the cold truth. We can't hide anything or cover it up, so why try? Why fool other humans? It may gain you prestige and popularity, but in the long run, it doesn't trick our Father. Can we use it as a bargaining chip, "Hey, everyone likes me, so I get a ticket to paradise." No, it doesn't work that way. Jehovah isn't impressed by our showing off.

Jehovah loves us so dearly, and He has so much compassion for us sinful humans. And that is truly beautiful. Let us not abuse it.

His justice is perfect, so if I stand before him, and there's something in me that's displeasing to Him, I'm still accountable. No blame can be placed on anyone else. So, again, we're reminded of the love and mercy and compassion, but it's an incentive to do our best to find favor with Jehovah.

Continue to do your best.

No comments:

Post a Comment