Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

... the text for June 14, 2020

Go on walking in the truth. - 3 John 3
The truth is what we have learned from the Bible, that keeps us on this path through life. How do we keep walking in truth? The comments state this:
Continue to study the precious truths of God's Word and meditate on them.
Isn't that true? Those who are doctors will consider medical journals to keep up to date on new medicines, procedures, etc. That's how they stay good doctors. Same with any other profession.

I have worked in the mortgage industry for nearly 20 years. When I changed careers to work on computers, I still knew a lot. Over time, though, what I knew slipped away. Now, I don't know anything new.

It is the same when you learn the truths from the Bible.

Now, many say, "Jesus saved me, so I'm always saved." Well, there are scriptures, such as the one aboe, that indicate otherwise. It says, "keep on...", meaning it's maintaining a forward momentum, not a signal to stop. Many who go to church stop "keeping on", and we see the result in all the hatred and anger, prejudice, lies, and everything else.

We need to continue to study and meditate. As we do our weekly Bible reading, we have been given only two chapters to read. Reading them doesn't take much time, but sitting bacck and reflecting on what you read is what's vital to "keep on walking in truth".

If you use audio and listen to it, still pause it when you hear something that impresses you about Jehovah and think about it, then resume listening to it.

I've been trying to get into the mode of reading those two chapters every day for a week, in both English and ASL. I have the best intentions, but imperfection ruins the best of intentions. I tend to meditate too much, which is good, but I need to continually feed the meditation.

So, this text is a good reminder to me to "keep on".

Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment