Search This Blog

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Short anecdotes

This really happened a couple of years ago. :)

One day, my grandmother was leaving to go to the store. Grandfather and I were in the garage trying to fix the garage door (which broke again). Suddenly, we heard honking. So, I went outside to investigate and grandmother was telling me something was wrong with the car. She said she put it in reverse and the car rolled backward and suddenly the brakes didn't work. So, she managed to stop the car and put it in Drive to go back up the driveway, and it still continued backwards! Something was very wrong with the car, she said. So, I told her "Okay, put it in Park and get out. Let me look at it." So she put it in Park, reached up for the ignition key and realized.... the car wasn't on at all. Her excuse? "I couldn't hear the engine with the radio on."

A few days after this, Grandfather and I went to the new Winco Foods store that just opened up. It was very crowded (almost like Wal-mart on a holiday), and we found ourselves behind a couple of vehicles that were just sitting there. So, grandfather pulled out to the left and went up to the first car, which had its left blinker going, but going nowhere. He then pulled into the lane where the first car was going to go, and found a parking spot about six spots down. We got out and as we were walking toward the store, we saw that the car finally made its left turn and it was waiting for another spot to open up. As I passed, I noticed that the driver was a nun, complete with habit and a big cross around her neck. She looked about 95. I turned to grandfather and said, "You cut off a nun. An old nun." He said, "Well, she was just sitting there wasting everyone's time." The nun had seen us, and yet she smiled and didn't curse us out or point fingers. Or maybe she didn't notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment